Happy Thoughts:

3/31/10

The Greatest Day of My Life!


I consider the greatest day of my life to be the day I married my husband. November 30, 2009, exactly four months from the day we met. It was only the third time we had ever met, I flew to Virginia for Thanksgiving so we could be together since he couldn't make it home. We had a really good time going to the park, seeing a movie, and spending an entire day at the aquarium. We had talked about getting married already but we were planning on waiting until at least the following summer. I guess he decided he didn't wanna wait that long because while we were on the trail walk at the aquarium he got down on his knee and asked me to be his wife! I was supposed to leave that night but I ended up missing my flight because we lost track of time at the aquarium. So we spontaneously decided to get married the next day! It was so romantic! No one knew we were married til I flew back home to Texas, I was so nervous to tell the family. They reacted better than I thought they would, surprisingly. Unfortunately I had to leave the same day we got married, but it was so worth it. iLy babe MUAH! 

It's not always easy being in a military relationship. Time apart is stressful, lonely, and it happens often. Not to mention the many people who try to make it harder by adding in their drama, and horror stories. Marriages take a lot of work in general but add in deployments, and long work days, and the other numerous occasions you will be separated, and comments some have made like "It's destined to fail." I don't believe this for a minute, with the right amount of commitment from both people, and the willingness and strength to get through the time apart it can be an amazing journey. A journey I am so excited to be making with my sailor.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH!! That's crazy, romantic and absolutely wonderful! I LOVE this story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet and romantic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! that's why I fell in love with him , he's such a romantic :) He never stops doing amazing things!

    ReplyDelete