Happy Thoughts:

7/21/10

Will you participate?

I came across these poems this morning and I was inspired. I was hoping I could get my readers to participate in this with me. I want to start doing a segment here once a week, where I will feature a military significant other. He/She can post whatever they like, your favorite pictures, artwork, a poem, a story, a song that helps them through the rough times, even just some advice for others, or be creative and share them all! Will any of you participate? If you have something you'd like to share be the first one to participate! E-mail me at MrsGambizzle@yahoo.com. It will be a great way to share your blog, and your story with others. I will feature your blog along with whatever it is you want to share, so start emailing me I can't wait to share your goodies!
 

:Navy:

My darling husband
My dear brave sailor
We must stay strong
To keep us together

The days may be long
The nights become later
We must stay focused
To keep us together

The sea is calling
And sooner or later
We must pray
To keep us together

When you come home
It'll be better
We will embrace
Our lives now, together 

  
~Army~
            Some people wonder why I do it
Why I wait for this man
It's because I'm proud of what he does
I love him because I can
This "toughest job" they speak of
I volunteered for it
I promised I would support him
He knows I'll never quit
Camouflage from head to toe
he's my hero through and through
Standing here so tall and proud
I love my soldier it's true
while he's gone
The days grow long
The nights are even longer
I tell myself everyday
the distance will make us stronger
It matters not how far he is
Nor how long he is gone
I'm waiting here with open arms
Whenever he comes home
but for now I patiently wait
I take it a day at a time
It's all worth it
To call that soldier mine



*Marines* 


You can keep your Army khaki
You can have your Navy blue
I have the world's best fighting man
to introduce to you
His uniform is different
The best you've ever seen
The German call him "Devil Dog"
His real name is Marine
He was born in San Diego
The place where God forgot
The sand is eighteen inches deep
The sun is blazing hot
He gets up every morning
before the rising sun
He'll run a hundred miles or more
Before the day is done
He's deadly with a rifle

A bayonet made of steel
He took the warrior's calling card
He's mastered how to kill
and when he gets to heaven
St. Peter he will tell
One more Marine reporting sir
I've served my time in hell
So listen all you girls
To what I have to say
Go find yourself a Marine
To love you every day
He'll hug you and kiss you
He'll treat you like a queen
There is no better fighting man 
Than a United States Marine

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh love those poems!! What a fabulous idea! If you end up needing people, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I am not a poetic person but I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to participate. Just got to find something to put up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only know of one and that is my Man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Ill participate! The marine poem is one of my favorite marine poems!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! BTW, we have a Yorkie and she is a baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is aweomse!! i would love to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I would love to contribute something... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not sure if this already went through, my computer said there was some glitch... BUT I think this is such a great idea! I would love to participate at some point!

    ReplyDelete