Happy Thoughts:

7/20/10

Two hearts, One love.

I couldn't fall asleep last night because the people above us were up until 3am playing video games which I could hear loud and clear in my bedroom. So instead I was just laying in bed resting my head on my husband's chest, listening to his heart beat as he slept. It's the most relaxing sound in the world to me, when I'm there it's peaceful. I don't have to worry whether he's safe, or when I will hear his voice again, I can just relax. I started thinking about deployment though, how it's slowly creeping its way closer into our lives. In less than 6 months my heart will be torn in two when half of it has to go away for so many months. It terrifies me. So for now I will make the most out of the time we have together before he leaves. Right now we have a couple weeks left before he will go underway again, the longest one we've been through yet. Ugh.

On a lighter note, we had a great time this weekend. His cousin Sarah came on Friday night and we took her out to lunch & to a club on Saturday night. Sunday we all went shopping and I got some really cute stuff from Express.


We also took Mojo to Pet Smart to get him some new toys and more puppy food. He found this cute little carrot toy, and we're having trouble getting away from him now. He won't let the other dogs play with it either, he takes right out of their mouth anytime he sees them with it.


9 comments:

  1. adorable tops from Express. :) Make the most of your time with your husband now, don't think too much about the upcoming deployment, you can deal with it when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! My boys each have their favorite toys that they won't let each other have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love listening to OccDoc's heartbeat - you're right it's the most calming sound in the world. I love, love that carrot dog toy. My Chihuahua has a red flower toy she carries around some times and it's just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh! You are going to kick deployments butt! Don't stress just yet. :) You little puppy is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im nervous about the deployment too! So far Im just pretending its not really happening. :) How is your husband home now? Did he not have to do this fast cruise?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean. When my husband is home safe in our bed, laying there next to me, its the best feeling in the world. Some people might take something like that for granted, but as a milspouse you learn to appreciate the little things. :) Try not to stress too much about the upcoming D-Day. It will only sour the time you guys have left together. Just live everyday to the fullest and try to make the most out of the time left you have. Things will be ok, and although it seems scary and like he will be gone for a long time, it really does go by pretty fast. :) Once this is all over you will be a stronger, more resilient person, and you will have a new found confidence in yourself!! :) Besides, you will always have all your bloggy friends to lean on for support and encouragement while he's away. We're here for you girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. Mojo is too stinkin' cute and that carrot toy is hilarious!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah I love the stuff from Express! And Mojo looks so freakin' happy with his new toy haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just wrote what I've been trying my hardest to shove in a little box, lock up, and throw away. We're gearing up too. Before I know it he will be gone and I just can't even begin to imagine. Husbands' heart beats are my favorite thing too.

    ReplyDelete