Brown Sugar Meatloaf:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & lightly grease your 5x9 inch loaf pan with butter.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
- Sprinkle more brown sugar on top of meat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
Cheddar Mashed Taters:
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash. Add sour cream, butter, salt and pepper; beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon and chives if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.