Happy Thoughts:

5/12/10

Where's my Sunshine?

Today was a horrible day. I was so excited this morning I had planned to go to this Military spouse appreciation event called "An Evening Under the Stars" it's a night FULL of pampering for spouses free massages, manicures, ans all kinds of stuff. I've said before I don't have a car and had planned on going with a friend. She canceled. At the last minute. 

That didn't bother too much I figured I'd just stay home and pray to hear from my husband because I hadn't heard from him yet. So I sat around pretty much all day and waited. The story of our lives huh? Well I got up to go to the restroom and get a drink, and what do you know, I come back and he had been online trying to IM me on FB and I MISSED IT!!! I am so frustrated right now. It's also raining like mad crazy here which is scary I hate thunder when I'm alone. I haven't been here alone when we had a bad thunderstorm, usually he's here to kiss my eyelids as I fall asleep and tell me not to be scared because he's there to protect me. 

As I was writing all this I ended up getting an email from him. I'm still frustrated at how the day turned out but at least his words make me feel safe again. Here's what he wrote:

"awesome I am so excited that my e-mail works... I had to run round trying to find and dog someone until they set me up with e-mail and comp. access whew! I m gonna find the phones tomorrow to see if i can get a hold of you :)... I'm sorry my messages have been so short just got all set up and then everyone heard I have access and all the married guys came running and I know how they feel.. So we each took turns emailing our wives :), and I'm so proud your the first one to reply because your the best ;) Any who just to let you know what goes down here, its nowhere near as bad as what people make it out to be as far as accommodations go: small sleeping space with a fuck ton of noise form landing jets but I'm starting to get used to it already, galley food is lacking but they make up for it in quantity. I finished my first workout of many on this ship, gyms a lil cramped but ill make it work. to be honest my love I was missing you something fierce something was very off yesterday, I went to my rack immediately after work and thought about you (by the way I discovered your daddy cakes playlist Thanks baby and for the photo as well it really helps) and drifted off to sleep at like 19...7pm. I'm slowly shaken the worst of the sadness off. I am so happy to have really enjoyed my last moments with you taking the time to dwell on the taste and warmth of your skin; the color and shape of your eyes and all the ways the hue of the setting sun drenched them in light and colored them beautiful! and the way you hug me; its as if your trying to give me a gift of love and life... its wonderful its full and complete and leaves me wanting for nothing. I cant wait to be back to you  and the love we share."

He's so good at knowing what to say to make everything better. At least I can sleep peacefully tonight knowing that he's safe for another day.


12 comments:

  1. I know he's definitely a charmer... lol He's got a way with words, he writes love letters and poems like they used to a hundred years ago. :) He's the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband has such a way with words, that was a beautiful email!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so sweet. im sorry you missed his im! i hate that feeling when you realize you missed your chance to hear from your love, but im glad he got to at least email you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. blogger is being really stupid right now, sorry if I don't reply to all of your comments they arent all showing up on here for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got a little bit of communication with him. It sounds like you'll have his words with you this whole time he's gone. It's not him, but it definitely helps. Keep your chin up girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks yeah it does help, just to at least know he's okay even if I can't actually talk to him. Thanks girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww that was such a sweet post! i hate that feeling when you know you missed a call or an im. its pretty crappy but im glad he was able to email you. he is so sweet..reading his email made me tear up!! :') keep your head up girl and he will be home and back in your arms before you know it!! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. i've never heard that song before but I love it!! and I totally sleep with my phone right next to me every night!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I left you an award on my blog!
    heatherashleydz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was such a sweet note :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally teared up reading that! So glad you got a message! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh thank you :) I've gotten several more since then Im so excited!

    ReplyDelete