Happy Thoughts:

5/4/10

Nerdy F-U-N !

It's been several days since I posted about all the fun hubby and I are having, but let me tell you there has been tons of absolute nerdy fun going on. I love that he is my best friend and we can be nerds together. Normally i don't like to post with lots of pics but I don't know how else to describe all that was this weekend without them.

We spent an entire day lounging around being lazy, eating, and watching "Ponyo" & "Rescue Me" and I got to see this amazing smile all weekend. It's one of my favorite things about him.


We went out with a group of friends to a house party which is something we haven't ever done before so that was exciting.


There was lots of  beer and this monstrous sandwich involved. Hubby likes to cook for me sometimes and he decided to make the biggest breakfast sandwich he could, I then proceeded and failed to eat it. We also learned to play some drunken game called Cornhole, found a guy at the party who can do our tattoos, and ended the night laughing and dancing away at some night club down the street from us!


We spent a day at the botanical Gardens here which was amazing. It was very hot which was wonderful considering the weather we've been having. I felt like a kid in a candy store here with all the gorgeous flowers, and pictures I took, oh and there were lots! 167 to be exact, hubby kept asking for a break lol


 

We played with the spiders while we were there, well not literally but we spend a ridiculous amount of time watching them crawling all over the statues. They were interesting, bouncing up and down, and hanging upside down. There were tons of them crawling around. 


You'd be surprised at the places we can have fun! We did some much needed grocery shopping, and made out like bandits! We hit the commissary on a day they were having a sale on literally everything on our list! We then went straight home and decided to play chef which resulted in our favorite asian food, Sesame chicken which was OMG delicious!!





So we have a few more fun filled days to enjoy before Mr. Gambizzle is off again to some place we shall not discuss, but let's just say I'm not looking forward to this trip.


I am off now to find yummy recipes for dinner and desert this weekend, and maybe even something crafty to do with the kiddos I will possibly be babysitting!

10 comments:

  1. Love your new signature!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is nothing nerdy about your weekend! it sounds downright fantastic actually!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend sounds great, soak up every last second that you can : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls and while the events weren't nerdy I assure you WE were the nerdy part of it lol and I definitely am soaking it up while I can since I won't see him for approximately another month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how you changed your layout. what a great few days with your hubby and such beautiful pictures! two of my best friends are from Ohio and they taught me how to play cornhole. fun times! oh, and i love your quote of the day. it's one of my favorites and makes me think of my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you're getting in some good, fun time with the hubs!

    and p.s. that sesame chicken looks delish! You should post the recipe!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Michelle I was so confused when we started that game! lol i had no idea what we were doing... It was pretty fun though hubby and I almost won!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think your weekend sounds romantic...the bontanical gardens must ahve been so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just posted a blog about playing cornhole! It's fun, isn't it? OH. And I absolutely love the botanical gardens there. Gotta love VA Beach.

    ReplyDelete